Kelowna Taiwanese Cultural Society is a non-profit registered society founded in 2016.Our founding members were enthusiastic and energetic Taiwanese immigrants who wanted to support each other in our new adopted multicultural country yet still retain our Taiwanese cultural heritage.
We are committed to work together to develop a better place for all through friendship and cultural harmony and to build a harmonious, mutually respectful and inclusive community.
- To promote the interests of Taiwanese who reside within Kelowna or the Central Okanagan area.
- To organize functions and activities for Taiwanese and Friends of Taiwan who reside within Kelowna or the Central Okanagan area, and to promote the development of the Taiwanese community in Kelowna, with the aim of building a peaceful, harmonious and unified community.
- To assist Taiwanese Immigrants who experience cultural shock to resolve problems that may affect the quality of life, and also to better understand Canadian culture. The matters will include such issues as education, settlement, social, cultural development, community building, employment, etc.
- To honour our inheritance and share the beauty of Taiwanese culture with the local residents in Kelowna and the Central Okanagan area.
- To work with local communities and institutions to promote cultural exchanges between Taiwan and Canada, and also contribute to Canada’s multiculturalism.